Thursday, September 8, 2011

What Has Happened to Hockey?

At least thats what I was thinking all last season. What happened to getting the goal no matter how pretty or ugly it looked? What happened to hitting? What happened to passion?

We are heading into hockey season 2011-2012. I have been a hockey fan since...well forever and I was born and raised on the ice, and guess what?! I miss hockey...real hockey. Over the past 5 years, hockey went from being a rough and tough mans game, to a game of finesse? I don't want to see how pretty you make the goal look, I don't care what the stupid effin goal looks like as long as its a goal. I don't want to see hockey players back away from hits. If these men who are getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport that is physical and they are scared to be physical then why are we paying them. These managers could save themselves a lot of money and pay the peewees I coach in candy and playboy and I promise you they will hit as much as you want. Lets look at Jordan Staal, Alex Semin, Syndey Crosby, Steve Stamkos, Mike Green and Brooks Laich. ALL USELESS...I want to see some Scott Steve, Dino Ciccarelli, Tie Domi, Paul Kariya and those type guys. Ya know real hockey players, real men. Not these new wittle pwetty boys whose balls haven't dropped yet. What happened to good old fashioned hockey?

We have two weeks till hockey season begins and hopefully in those two weeks, these coaches can make these wussys that we call hockey players into real men, and real hockey players. Maybe just maybe, these players will get some passion back for the game and maybe just maybe, they will realize why they are being paid millions of dollars.

No comments: