Sunday, August 10, 2008

Unsung Heros

So, I was watching hockey clips on youtube of the Washington Capitals because they are my favorite team, and I started thinking about our "heros" or "superstars." Obviously we have Alex the Great and there is no denying his talent. He is a fantastic skater and is a pro at handling the puck. We have the great Federov, who is a veteran that is much needed on a team where most of the rising stars are so young. After watching a lot of footage, I have to give it up to Mike Green and Brook Laich. Mike Green, who plays defense, had a total of 56 points last season. You tend see him play both offense and defense, which is not uncommon in ice hockey because the puck changes hands so often. He skates like a forward, hits like a defender and plays like a true canadian. Brook Laich plays center and last season had a total of 37 points. He is quick on his feet and brings an amazing presence to the ice. On a side note, while browsing youtube, I found that the CAPS voted Laich the "ladies man." I'd have to say its a tie between him and Green, which is funny because they are very good friends. Looks like we may have a little competition off the ice eh? Back to my point...I really think that the dynamics of the team would be much different without these two fantastic players, and therefor they are the Unsung Heros of the Washington Capitals. I cannot end this entry without mentioning the player who I think is the next rising star of the Washington Capitals and that is our very own Nikki B or Nicklas Backstrom. He is a center, is only 20 years old and had a mind blowing 69 points last season. I am honored and happy to say with talent like Backstrom, Ovechkin, Federov, Green and Laich...We have UNLEASED THE FURY!

No comments: