Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You Think You Know...But You Have No Idea

Ok, so someone tell me what is it with girls, and them trying to act like they know a single thing about hockey, or sports in general. Yes, I know, I am a girl, I am well aware everytime I try to look at my feet and see mounds instead, but it does not mean I have to like or evenr respect other girls. I was watching hockey tonight, and these girls are talking about the game like they actually knew whats going on. First off, let me start by saying hockey is not a sport you can learn. You can learn the game and rules, adn you can study stats, but if you haven't been raised with hockey, you will never have the knowledge that some fans possess. Hockey is like a religion. Most fans grew up loving the sport, and skated at some point in their life. They probably would pick hockey over any sport on any given day, I know I would. Anyway back to my point, why do girls decide when they hit their 20's that being a sports chick or into sports is "cool." Your true sports girls have been involved in sports their whole live, and no playing 4 or 5 years of a sport does not count. When you hit double digits then come talk to me. To top it off these girls usually are the ones who made fun of the tom boys or sports chick in yester year and now you think you know a thing or two. As I sat and watched the game I could hear girls yelling "what are you doing, you can't do that," to the Bruin who laid a hit on a Cap. Guess what ladies, he can do that. Stop yelling offsides when the puck passes 2 red lines, the refs arm is up for an icing call. When they say light the lamp, it does not mean hit somebody, it means they scored a goal! If I hear one more girl in stilletos with a pound of make up on her face tell me shes a hockey fan, and then tell me she is excited for the playoffs coming up, I might spill me beer all over her. The playoffs coming up are for football not for Hockey!!!!!! So for my girls out there and my boys, who know what im talking about give me an Amen. To all you girls who think you know....guess what? You have no idea!

No comments: